Atlas 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
500 Hour ATLAS YOGA TEACHER TRAINING CERTIFICATE
Pre-requisite: 200 Hour Credit of Basic Yoga Teacher Training
2 year program (300 contact hours): Tuition: 5,400.00
Intake is continuous and acceptance is based on a personal interview and demonstration class.
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Specialization
- Pre/Post Natal Specialization
- Children’s Yoga Specialization
- Yoga Philosophy (required)
- Yoga Philosophy – Meditation Specialization
- Advanced Pranayama (required)
- Therapeutic Applications of Yoga (required)
- Samasa Anatomy for yoga & other healing modalities (required)
- Thai Yoga Massage Level I, II, III
- Limited number of apprenticeships available – contact for details
ATLAS ADVANCED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING DIPLOMA (500hr AYTT). The core course will be delivered Denise Davis-Gains. Guest tutors may also contribute as appropriate.
The AYTT will be experiential and participative and will aim to deepen and enlarge the understanding of the ancient science of Yoga, and the personal development of Yoga Teachers.
- To expand the student’s understanding of Yoga as a holistic science of self-development
- To awaken the sense of creativity, mindfulness and exploration in asana practice
- To link outer with inner, so that the student understands the physical, etheric, mental and spiritual continuum of Yoga
- To deepen the understanding of the chakra system
- To develop an understanding of a variety of Yogic meditations, including mantra
- To deepen understanding of Yoga Nidra and relaxation techniques
- To deepen the knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and explore how these relate to physical and pranic yogic practices
- To deepen the understanding of principal paths of Yoga
- To develop a specialization in an area of interest – thesis
The Post Graduate Diploma will be open to those who have at least 2 years’ experience of practising Yoga and who have a valid Teacher’s certificate. An interview may be required, where further information or clarification is necessary.
To be discussed with each candidate. The program starts when the individual is ready and can be completed within two years. The program will require a total of 300 contact hours. There will be additional hours of homework, projects, group work and karma yoga.
The cost of the Diploma is 5,400.00
Includes: 180 hours of core programming, 2 years of unlimited studio class pass access, all specializations (100hrs) led by primary faculty. If the student chooses other work towards specific specialization there may be additional fees – to be identified and agreed up in initial meeting before application approval.
Payment plans are available if necessary.
- Asana analysis, technique and modification of problematic yoga asanas; working from base of asana, building on foundations to discover equilibrium between effort and letting go “wu-wei”
- symbolism and the secret language of asanas (asanas as “mudras” or attitudes of inner states)
- “seeking the stillness”- deepening the experience of the asanas;
- asanas and the chakras-exploring the relationship between asanas and the chakras
- dealing with asana related injuries
- ‘step by step’ – approach to teaching an asana in stages
- discovering the qualities you are looking for in life in your practice
- Modification and Analysis of Postures and exploring the three main areas of blockage in Asana practice:
1. Lack of Understanding
2. Wrong action – resulting in tension
3. Compression of the joints
- swara yoga
- nadi shodana- variations
- nadi shodana- ida/pingal and sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system
- savitre rhythms
- pranayama kriyas
- anuloma viloma
- pranayama mudras
- An exploration of the chakras and the etheric body
- Physical correlatives
- level of awareness
- elements (tattwa)
- Yogic methods of meditation, including Dharana on Akash, Ajapa Japa, Antar Mouna
- Energy awareness, working with energies
YOGA PARADIGM OF CONSCIOUSNESS
- The structure of consciousness according to Yoga- cosmic mind, higher mind, ego, lower mind, subconscious and unconscious mind, patterns of consciousness.
- The practice of Mantra Japa. The use of a Mala. Classical mantras- OM, Pranava, Gayatri, Shanti Path, Purnamadah,Guru Stotram etc; Vedic and Bija mantras. Maha Vaks ( great sayings that encapsulate the higher wisdom of Yoga)
YOGA NIDRA AND DEEP RELAXATION
- Yoga Nidra
- Progressive relaxation
- Relaxation in daily life-Wu-wei- the art of letting go
- Marma points – use of marmas to induce a deep relaxed state
THE SHAT KARMAS
- Cleansing practices of Yoga
PHILOSOPHY OF YOGA
- The principal margas (paths) of Yoga
- Schools of Yoga
- Streams of Eastern philosophy- Vedanta, Samkhya and Tantra.
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- Anatomy and physiology of Pranayama (including the physiology of the nose ( the function of nose not only as a vehicle of breath, but its unique connection through the sense of smell to deeper aspects of our being)
- The endocrine system- its function, and links to the chakras
- Nerve plexuses
- Yoga Meditation and Yoga Nidra- effects on brain rhythms, relaxation reflected on the neuronal map
- Meditation and the autonomic nervous system
- Anatomy of the bandhas
- Anatomy of an inversion
- The brain and mudra
- Facial trains
- Yoga Therapy
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Kripalu Yoga
- Hands on teaching and research
The course will be wide-ranging and experiential, and will include a variety of asanas, pranayama, mudras and bandhas and other practices. It will provide a rich source of knowledge for yoga teachers and aspirants. The course is structured so that, following the principles of the Koshas, there is a continuum from physical to spiritual, from the Annamaya kosha to the Anandamaya kosha.
This program is ultimately for the student’s self-development.
- Meditations from the Tantras
- Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha
- Hatha Yoga Pridipika
- Anatomy and Asana
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The Upanishads
- The Bhagavad Gita
- Awareness (Osho)
- Facial Trains
- Green Yoga
- Yoga & Morality
- Structural Yoga Therapy
- Yoga Nidra – Richard Millar
- Trail Guide to the Body
Guest Instructors to be announced.
“Yoga is the method or technique, the programme of psycho-physical, moral and spiritual training, by following which one can fulfil the ultimate destiny of life”. (Haridas Chaudhuri)
Please return completed application form 50.00 to:
All information provided on this form is treated as confidential.
Please register by emailing: email@example.com or calling 519.240.9642